From now on sometimes I will write in English. First of all because somebody complained about that I only write in German ;-) but second because I want to keep my English. And therefore I need to write, read and hear English.
I know that everybody who’s reading this blog can speak and read English. I also know that quite a few people’s English is much better than mine. So please excuse my faults. But you’re very welcome to give me advice!
I want to tell you about 'The goodbye'
One of the worst and hardest days in my whole life I guess. Probably I should hope, because if this one stays one of my worst my life won’t be that bad.
But this particular day was really, really horrible! But in the same time great. Wired.
The whole Thursday I was packing my stuff. Or better: I tried to. If you don’t want to leave packing is nearly impossible. At least for me.
In the evening few people came to our house for a little preparty sat on the terrace, drunk something and I already had to say goodbye to a few. Around 11.30 pm we went to the city centre to a pub where karaoke was. It was great! Good mood in the whole pub and then Damien (
Around 3.30 am we arrived in Strandparken and invited everybody who was still awake to a after- and farewell-party. Filiz was cooking pasta for everybody and we sat in the kitchen and enjoyed the last hours together. At the same time I packed my last things and prepared myself for the journey. These last hours were great but very sad. I weep easily and saying goodbye is very hard for me so it wasn’t an easy night. Because I didn’t want to cry the whole time.
Then the first left. It was sooooo difficult!
Two nice and crazy guys who had stayed in our house until 6 am took their mattresses out beside the street with a big poster next to them on which was written: ‘Wake us up when you’re leaving’. :-D
On Friday left quite a lot people. But I was the first early in the morning. Still a few for me important persons came to say goodbye.
Unfortunately somebody was missing the whole time.
Damian and Filiz took me to the bus station. Fortunately I was so tired that I fell asleep in the bus. Otherwise I would have cried two hours.
In Gothenburg I missed my bus to the airport. With the next bus I would have had no chance to catch my flight. I had a panic attack. I stood in the hall of the train station and was shivering, couldn’t breathe and think.
The only thing I knew was that Rosi was in town at the same time. So I called her. Ironically the day I left
But I needed to hear someone on the phone who I like. That calmed my down.
In the end I took a cab to the airport and it was really a nice way to go there. My driver was very nice and funny as well so it was quite okay. Naturally it was much more expensive than by bus. Additionally my luggage was too heavy so I had to pay again.
When I finally reached the gate I was exhausted and knackered. I called Filiz and told her everything while I was crying. All the people around must have thought who knows what happened.
The plane started and left the airport and I aboard left
Unexpectedly my mood changed when the plane started its final descent. Suddenly I felt very good and I was glad to be on the way back home.
And it was great to arrive and be back!!!
6 Kommentare:
Dann geb ich dir gleich mal einen kleinen Tipp (nicht, dass viel an deinem Text auszusetzen ist, aber das könnte recht missverständlich aufgefasst werden):
"I was wasted" heißt nämlich "ich war stockbesoffen". Ich nehme mal an, dass du das am Flughafen nicht warst? Sonst nehme ich meine Korrektur natürlich zurück ;)
Hach ja, Abschiede sind schwer. Ich kenne das ja von meiner Au Pair-Zeit, einerseits war ich froh, wieder nach Hause zu kommen. Andererseits habe ich da ja ein komplett anderes Leben zurückgelassen, eins, dass niemand zu Hause kannte (nur meine Mutter und Isabel waren mal zu Besuch gewesen, aber das ist ja nicht das selbe, wie dort zu wohnen). Ein komisches Gefühl.
Aber trotzdem - willkommen zurück! Ich hoffe, dass du dich einigermaßen schnell wieder einlebst.
Or would you prefer it if the comments were in English, too?
Oh, I like comments in English and in German. :-)
Thanks for your tip! I know that 'to be wasted' normally means 'to be completely drunk' but my dictionary gave me that as translation. How would you translate 'Ich war völlig fertig'?
Ich würde wahrscheinlich "I was completely pooped" sagen - was ja nun nicht gerade sehr gewählt klingt, hihi. Ist ziemlich umgangssprachlich und soweit ich weiß auch nur amerikanisch, ich glaub in England sagt man "knackered". Naja, für dein Blog ist "pooped" sicher okay, aber für was "offizielleres" würde ich dann doch eher bei exhausted, very tired usw. bleiben ;)
Vielen Dank liebe Nina!! :-D
Änderung wurde vorgenommen.
Sehr cool dein neuer Titel-Spruch. Jetzt muss nur noch Inhalt folgen... ^^
Kommentar veröffentlichen